Thank you Lesley.
All my life I have been spiritual and based life decisions on intuition.
In 1996, my Mom Doris Oliver bought me a deck of Tarot cards. They were called Aquarian (horoscope sign is Aquarius) and I loved them. I "played" with them for years but didn't have time to get serious. In 2020, when the world became unsettled with a weird virus, a selfish politician and people getting depressed and losing hope, I pulled out those cards and got serious.
I wanted to be able to help myself understand what was happening and how best to deal with worldwide shifts, but I also wanted to help my friends, family and even strangers find ways to deal with uncertainty and find the opportunities and optimism that Tarot can help people see.
BTW, that core value and belief is from the Four of Swords - helping people find time for themselves to just BREATHE and find their place in the world.
Tarot readings are not about predicting the future; we all have independent thoughts. What the Tarot can do is provide you with an insight of where you have been, what's happening in your present life and how that impacts your future. It can help you see some of the possibilities or challenges if you stay on your current path. If you don't like your current path with those future possibilities or challenges, you can change your path and create another future.
Where you are now in your present life is just a chapter in your book of life - you are the author to write it as you want.
I'm not comfortable charging people for readings even though people have told me my readings are bang-on accurate and extremely helpful.
For me, reading Tarot cards is my way of helping people and giving back. Lots of people have helped me in my life, and so it is rewarding to be of service to others.
BTW, that core value and belief is from the Page of Cups - someone who has a sincere desire to be of service and to listen carefully and offer support and encouragement. (That belief echoes the motto of the Rotary organization of which I am a member.)
That said, if you find a reading I do for you helpful, I encourage you to donate to a homeless shelter, a homeless pet shelter or the charity of your choice. The range of rates for Tarot readings is $20 - $160 so whatever amount you feel comfortable with would help others less fortunate.
More questions about Tarot Cards and readings? Visit our FAQ page.
Why Lynda for your reading?
I'm from the corporate world. My day job is all about business, branding, marketing and sales, but I strongly believe that people need outside interests. Tarot, travelling the world and riding a bicycle are mine (as well as enjoying a glass of rosé wine and buying shoes).
I am sincerely looking to help people navigate through life and find possibilities and optimism. I am authentic and will tell you all that the cards say. I won't pick what I think you want to hear. I have completed an intensive course on becoming a certified Tarot Card reader.
- There are multiple ways to do this. I prefer using software like Zoom so at the start we can meet each other and connect visually. Once we start, you can see the cards. Other options are by email or telephone, but with using software there is no cost for telephone charges. Here is how the process works:
- The first step is you send me an email indicating you would like a reading.
- Within 24 hours, if not sooner, I'll reply and we will set a time that is appropriate for both of us. Readings are usually 30 - 45 minutes, but sometimes will go into an hour if you are chatty.
- I will ask you to provide me with your date of birth before the reading - Month, Day, Year.
- Once we have set a time, I will send you a GoToMeeting invite by email. This is the same as Zoom but more secure. All you need is an internet-connected device with a microphone and speakers. If you have a webcam, that would be great for us to meet each other, but it is not necessary.
- When it is time for your reading, you just click on the GoToMeeting email invite and we will be connected. If there are any problems, you can send me an email.
- While you are waiting for your reading I want you to think of a general theme you would like about the reading. I use a Celtic Cross reading (see photo) which is 10 cards that give insight into your past, how that has brought you to the present, what you can expect in the immediate future and suggested advice for this reading. This deck is too comprehensive for Yes/No questions. Please think in broader terms.
- After our initial introduction, I will focus my webcam on the cards, not on me so you can see each card in your reading.
- During the reading, I will ask you questions to help with a deeper dive into the understanding the cards.
- And if you are wondering.... yes, spirits and psychic information is energy and can flow through the Internet. I don't use any computer software to pick your cards - you will pick the cards once we start our live meeting.
- I follow the Tarot Card Reader Code of Ethics and everything discussed in your reading is confidential.
- We relinquish all copyright to your reading. This allows you to record the reading for future reference - it's hard to remember all that we talked about.
- BTW, I take my readings seriously; they are not party tricks. I am authentic which means if a card has dark energy, I will tell you what the card is indicating. However, all Tarot cards have dark, grey and light energy, and whenever there is dark energy, there is always the opportunity to turn it from dark to light.
It's that easy. Send me an email.