How to use GoToMeeting:
Okay, don't freak out that this is a lot of detail - it is really quite easy to do, but I've provided every single step, that means it looks more complex that it is. Any problems or questions contact me.
1. The ideal situation is to use an Internet-connected device that has good speakers, a microphone and a webcam. We can still work together if you don't have a webcam but the experience won't be as good. You should test your speakers or microphone before our meeting.
2. Before our scheduled meeting, I will send you a link that has a variety of ways for you to connect. It will look something like this:
The title of the meeting
Please join my meeting from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
You can also dial in using your phone.
(For supported devices, tap a one-touch number below to join instantly.)
Canada: +1 (647) 497-9391
- One-touch: tel:+16474979391,,530553213#
Access Code: 530-553-213
New to GoToMeeting? Get the app now and be ready when your first meeting starts: https://global.gotomeeting.com/install/530553213
3. If you are joining through your Internet Browser (we recommend Chrome), just click on the link like the one above. There will be no charge to you in using this software.
If you find your speakers or microphone aren't good, you can log in with a computer so you can see me and then call in with a landline or mobile phone to the number above (This one is for Canada but if you are elsewhere we will provide you with that number.) This is a toll free number but, especially with your mobile device, you should check your data plan that you won't hit any over charges.
If you are coming onto this GoToMeeting call and you are from outside of Canada, let me know and I'll adjust the toll free number above.
4. Once you click on the link above, a small window will open called "GoToOpener" either click on that, or another window will open asking you to download the "Opener". Click on that, a small utility will be downloaded to your computer to run the meeting - don't worry this is virus free and has less than 2 kb in memory. It will not hurt or change your computer.
5. Buffering is the biggest challenge with virtual meetings. It is ideal to use a desktop computer as that is hardwired, but if you are using WIFI, we recommend you close all other windows in your browser and , turn off all other devices that would be connected to the Internet and that includes your TVs. The Bandwidth connection for you to get online can only handle so much activity, too many things using it means you will get buffering.
6. An even better way to do this is to download the GoToMeeting app as then you don't even need a browser to access the meeting. All you do is type in the meeting number and access code (see above)
Here is a visual that shows you what your screen will look like. For this example I am sharing the screen for a workshop I offer called "Don't Know, Don't Guess" that will be replaced with you specific screen share.
When the microphone is red, it is muted. Click on that icon to unmute. Click on the webcam to activate your webcam and click on the phone icon to end the meeting.
If you have any problems, email me.